Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crazy Things I Felt I've done - Part 1

Last night I had a chat with 4 friends of mine, namely Waisie, Waifong and Casey. We talked a lot ranging from the things we did in the old things but never the things we are going to do.


Anyway, Waifong was taken aback by a trip I had to Melaka for the purpose to see turtles. She said it was a crazy thing to do at that time.


This morning while I was sitting in the car, my mind went searching for other crazy things that I did in the past and this is one of them.


I love to travel and I would create a lot of reasons so I got to travel. I love to travel by flight as I love the feeling when the plane is taking off. It's like I'm leaving all my problems behind temporarily.


I got to do this twice in a day last February. I had to go to Langkawi to secure business(s). I didn't want to stay overnight as it would be over the budget. Thus at the spur of the moment, I made the decision to go over that place the day after which I did.


I bought the earliest flight which is around 8 in the morning to Langkawi and the last flight of the day (around 10 in the evening) back to KL which was the cheapest.


I woke up around 4.00 in the morning, got myself ready and by 5 am off to LCCT to catch the flight. I drove to the airport and left my car there. I don't want to use cabs because it would be expensive. The round trip would cost me around RM 150.


By 6 something in the morning, I was in the airport. checked myself in and had my expensive nasi lemak there. By 8 something, I boarded my flight. It was uncomfortable as there were a few overexcited passengers who would be laughing, teasing and talking loudly throughout the flight if not for one passenger who reprimand them.


Anyway by 9 something, I landed in Langkawi and went on my business. In the afternoon, I looked yo my friends in Langkawi and by 9 I was in the airport waiting for my flight. I was dismayed when I found out my flight was delayed for more than an hour.


There was an incident involving a passenger and the custom officer. He was pissed off with the attitude of the officer and he made a big deal out of it by creating a scene at the clearance entrance. Well, he was taken into another place and after awhile he was released.


Finally I boarded the flight at midnight. In the flight, the same person who created the scene and his friends applauded the stewardess for explaining the safety measures. I'm sure the stewardess were happy about it. The night view of Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur are by all means beautiful with all the glittering neon lights just like viewing fireflies in Kampung Kuantan.


I reached KL at 1 in the morning, got into my car, drove back. I reached home around 3 after I had my roti canai at the mamak store.


Before everyone said I was brave to travel alone..... nope I traveled with my colleague. it's crazy to travel alone like this. By the time I reached KL, I was so tired to drive back.