Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Penang - Day 2

Awoke around 640, quickly had my bath and went to join them. Our first leg is to Botanical Garden in Jalan Kebun Bunga. To my surprise there weren't many monkeys there unless like in my previous trip, there were a lot of monkeys. However, this time I managed to cover most of the garden by tram. Nope... I am not going to walk under the hot sun...never...

Anyway, the next leg is Kek Lok Si temple. It was built somewhere in 1903 or 1905, can't remember which year.. I didn't join them because as part of the training, they are on their own to finish their task. Thus, the bus driver, brought A, E and I to the famous cendol stall in Penang. Yeap..the ABCs and cendols were delicious, true to its advertisement of Lim Guan Eng stopping by at the stall. By the way, that was my lunch for that day ....huhuhuhuh

In the afternoon, we went to Gurney Drive...it's a place by the seaside. A place where one can find a lot of things to eat. Normally, I would be easily smitten by a place by the seaside. I am a sucker to this kind of place. However, I cannot seem to bond with this place... I didn't feel any connection with this place. As bad as it seemed, I had to spend 4 hours here waiting for the students finishing whatever they were doing. So, I spent the first hour sitting at Macdonalds watching people pass by. Then another 2 hours sitting at the beach walk, watching the so call sunset (it was going to rain, so, there wasn't any sunset). My final hour, I spent eating my Penang Malay Char Koay Teow with a glass of lychee.
Yes... at the designated hour. the students came and off we went back to our apartments.

We were all exhausted and tired from our journey. Even so, I had to finish the last task in hand with the students. By 1030, everything was done. The teachers and we started our walk back to the night market to have our pre ordered dinner of lalas, snails and fish. It was crazy for me as I was tired and my legs are aching but for friends .... what the heck....

Then by 12 midnight, we walked back. A, E and I had our own little marathon... A was first, me second and E the last. The teachers were way way behind... hahaha

Still, we didn't go to sleep and we had games of card until around 230 in the morning. I gave up and went back to my room. E was fast asleep. I decided to check on my farm in facebook before I turned in. Actually, I was hoping that my friend from Langkawi would be online but alas, he's not. Thus around 3, I turned in..