Saturday, August 29, 2009

The never forgotten trip


We left Penang,after spent hours in Komtar and Perangin Mall. We left approximately 5.00 in the evening, making our way to Bayan Lepas to the Penang bridge.






It was stated on the board that the journey on the bridge would take about 30 minutes... The photo on the left show 2 islands which when there's low tide, one can actually walk from one island to another.




Imagine that. I dozed off after reaching the mainland.. leaving A behind the wheels. I awoke upon reaching the first toll that is I believe near Jawi A was driving very fast. Upon reaching Jawi, one of the tires got punctured. It seemed that someone has thrown nails on the highway to catch unsuspecting drivers so that their car got punctured and that person would 'helped' out but at the same time charging fees... imagine that. Luckily I got a spare tire in the trunk and A quickly replaced it. However, because the spare tire is smaller in size, we have to drive at 80 mph so as not to burst the spare tire.

In addition, we have to stop at every rest stop to cool down the spare tire by splashing water onto it. So, just imagine it, a 4 hours journey has increased 3 fold because of this. We had to stop at every stop and I counted that there are 10 stops and we had stopped at 9 stops. It was a tedious and tiresome journey.

The funny thing was I never get mad and never complained. In fact I enjoyed the whole thing. We talked a lot during the journey back. We got to know each other better during this time.
At every stop, there were little incident which made the stop memorable.

For example, this sign shows Perak welcomes everybody except dogs...

OR O would ask A to park near a Waja, so that, we can 'borrow' a
tire from the unsuspecting owner. That night, the moon was shinning at its brightest, illuminating our way home.

What seemed to
be a 4 hour journey became a 12 hours journey. I reached home around 530 in the morning. Before I reached home, I received a surprising sms from Jo. I thought he would not want to talk to me again after the fight we had earlier. Yet, he sms me, telling me that he's on his way to KLIA to leave for Japan. He forbid ed me from sending him off. I didn't feel anything at that time because I was numb due to the long long long journey. He never told me the real reason he went to Japan. I guess I would never know why and I believe he could not care less. I am sure he is now happily frolicking in Japan and this friend of his is wondering with full of question marks of his real intention in Japan.

Anyway, I took a few hours of naps and before long, I was on my way to Melaka. This is suppose to be gathering of friends but up until now 1030 pm, has not materialize. I just can't seem to move out from my hotel room. Yes, the journey back from Penang was tiring and long but it is one of my best adventures yet.