Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Fly again......

Once in awhile there would be something to affirm my luv for my job. My job allows me to travel a lot in search for new camps or new students. Last Saturday, on an impromptu decision, I booked 2 air tickets to Langkawi. The reason - to seek out new students for Orange International College, Kuala Lumpur.
So, on Sunday, off I went to LCCT airport at 5.00 am to catch the AirAsia flight of 8.10am. It was fun having to drive in the early hours of the day with no traffic. It wasn't fun though when I had to search for parking to park my car. Wow, even though it was 630 am, the airport is buzzing with people....Talk about early birds....
I am a fan of Air Asia, so, for this trip, I chose Air Asia. The flight to Langkawi was not my usual cool, comfortable and enjoyable flight. It was one of the terrible flights I have been on. The takeoff and landing were awful. The flight attendants never smiled.... The captain mumbled through the speaker....Talked about good service.
However the flight back from Langkawi was nearly perfect. Although it was delayed for 90 minutes, I still consider it perfect. It was suppose to take off at 1040 in the evening, it was delayed due to bad weather in KL. Even though it was the last flight of the night, the flight attendants were always smiling and they were given applause by the passengers, the flight captain (Captain Desmond) and his assistant (Darrell) have the courtesy to come out from the cockpit to bid every passengers good night when they are alighting from the plane. Quiet takeoff and perfect landing..... the best of all my fights with Air Asia....
However it was not the case with the customs officers in Langkawi. One of the them was quite rude to the passenger and this passenger did not take it lightly and it blew into a big quarrel and created a big scene. Talked about service the customer with a smile....
This is actualy happening in Malaysia. I have travelled a lot and I've met a lot of people. One of the most common reaction I got was that our Malaysian Officers irregardless they are the police, the customs, the traffics officers... some of them can be very rude.
I wonder will this ever change...