Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Langkawi and I

I always luv Langkawi. Every few months, I would take a trip alone up to Langkawi. It's not the duty free shopping that appeals to me, it's not the tourist attractions that call me to Langkawi but its' crystal clean air and its vast blue ocean and its sunset that have called me to go. Seeing the blue ocean, smell the clean air and the beauty of sunset make me forget all my worries and troubles back home.

My relaxation would start not at Langkawi but at the minute the plane takes off. I luv to hear the rush of the airplane taking off, I can feel I have left all my troubles and worries on the ground, never to be heard or seen for 2 or 3 nights................

I would stay at Langkasuka Beach Resort, my regular hotel as I have many frens who work there. Previously I have stayed at Berjaya Langkawi Beach and Spa Resort, Aseania Resort, Awana Porto Malai, Cenang Beach Hotel and Best Star Resort but this time around I have chosen Helang Hotel which is just next door to the Airport.

Helang Hotel is the sister of Langkasuka Beach Resort, it has 5 floors and believe it or not, its rooms have a lot of mirrors installed in the room which made me quite uneasy. I don't like mirrors...... Until now, Langkasuka Beach Resort is still my chosen one as I can really relax. It has a lot of trees and a private beach for me to see the sunset. At night, I can sit at the beach bar and watch the night sky and feel the ocean breeze on my face with Casablanca playing at the background.......sigh.......

Langkasuka has its ups and downs. On my way back from Langkawi, I had the opportunity to chat with an English guy from UK. He's on his way back to London after spent a few weeks of holiday in Malaysia. It seems that UK people has a long holiday up to 5 to 6 weeks. He told me he dislike Langkasuka coz its staffs are rude. For me, I don't find them rude. They're just shy coz they can't really communicate in English. Some of them can only manage simple greetings and thank yous but to go beyond that, they're into trouble. That's why they may come across as rude to my English friends. Most of them who work in resort are locals who are not well versed in English. So sad......

Anyway, I had a crazy spontaneus idea to have a go at the cable car at the Oriental Village. Previously I only ride up once but that was with a fren. This time I went up alone and the moment I stepped up in the cable car, I regretted coz it was windy at that time and the cable car was swinging slowly from side to side. At one station it was like riding in a lift, going up and I had the feeling, the cable would break and I would fall down like Humpty Dumpy. I couldn't wait to get out of the car. Once at 625 feet from the ocean, I had the urge to walk on the bridge linking 2 mountains top. Again a crazy idea for me for I had to climb down to the to that bridge. When I reached the middle of the bridge, I can feel the bridge swinging lightly..... and I was asking myself, why I'm so crazy. The view from the top was magnificient. You can see the whole of Langkawi from that point. When I came down from the mountain again by cable car, I had the chance to sit all alone, again crazy idea. You wouldn't believe who I had as my company on the way down.... an eagle. An eagle also bid farewell to me on my flight back to KL.

Well, tha's my trip to Langkawi this time and hopefully I would go there again this May....