Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Smile, an everlasting smile...

Smile, an everlasting smile, a smile would take your heart away.....

This is certainly lacking in Singapore. Just came from Singapore and during my stay there, I noticed that Singaporeans doesn't like to smile at strangers and they don't return their smile easily. I came to Singapore by train, and at the Custom Entry Point in Woodlands, the officers don't like to smile, to offer a greeting nor to say thank you to the visitors to Singapore. They are like robots. At one time, I smiled and greeted the officer and was met with suspicions........ Maybe I'm a terrorist hiding behind smiling face.....hehehehehe

Then I went to my uncle's place by taxi. At least, the taxi driver warmed up to my smiles. Even the waiters, waitresses, salespersons can't even manage a smile to visitors. I always travelled around by plane and I always enjoyed most of them. Not this trip back from Singapore. I felt like I am under a survelliance while waiting to depart at Changi Airport. I can feel the Singaporeans' tensions surrounding the buildings. I felt like I couldn't wait to get out of here.

Another time I felt like this would be the time I was waiting for my MRT in Singapore. It was 7 something in the morning and I could see the Singaporeans rushing to work with a tensioned face. Never smile, never stop to smell the flowers, always rushing around.

They sure miss a lot of things in life. Why are we rushing? Why can't we smile?????

Namoamitofu....